As of today release 0.9.5rc is available.
In this release there are following changes:
- Option –no-lock is added to innobackupex-1.5.1. Use it only while ALL your
tables are InnoDB and you DO NOT CARE about binary log
position of backup
- XtraBackup is ported for InnoDB Plugin 1.0.4. Barracuda file format as well as compressed tables are supported. We thank a well known Social Network site for the sponsorship.
- Windows conscious change more
- Impoved error messages in innobackupex
- Windows conscious experimental change
- Suppress purge when –stats
- Build number in RPM name. For instance, in the name xtrabackup-0.9.5rc-50.rhel5.x86_64.rpm 50 is the build number.
- Suppress master_thread ibuf operations for –stats
- Suppress ibuf operations for –stats
- fFx fatal bug at –backup when added –stats
- New option –stats to gather index stats
- Fixed some bugs for a 32bit platform
- Bug #435634 in Percona-XtraBackup: “xtrabackup can’t write to a file on windows”
- Bug #437788 in Percona-XtraBackup: “xtrabackup.exe can’t write to a file”
- Bug #386535 in Percona-XtraBackup: “ibbackup_binlog_marker bug still persists”
- Bug #402884 in Percona-XtraBackup: “tries to create temporary tables in relative ./tmp directory”
- Bug #417178 in Percona-XtraBackup: “can’t backup tables with $ in name”
The binary packages for RHEL4,5, Debian, FreeBSD, MacOS as well as source code of the XtraBackup is available on http://www.percona.com/mysql/xtrabackup/0.9.5rc/.
The Debian package is also available via APT. Just add these linesÂ in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://repo.percona.com/apt lenny main deb-src http://repo.percona.com/apt lenny main
Update the local database
# apt-get update
And install xtrabackup
# apt-get install xtrabackup
The project lives on Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup and you can report bug to Launchpad bug system:
https://launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup/+filebug. The documentation is available on our Wiki.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona.