It is time to announce the next version of backup software from Percona – XtraBackup 1.1.
The list of changes in version 1.1 includes:
- XtraBackup is built on a base of MySQL 5.1.44 with InnoDB plugin 1.0.6
- Added –host option
- tar4ibd can treat over 64GB file
- tar4ibd is default method for stream, even tar is specified
- the binary supports compressed tables and Baraccuda format
- Bug #529874: innobackupex cannot treat exit code of xtrabackup executable
- Bug #498660: xtrabackup not handling barracuda compressed table format
- Bug #498660: innobackupex doesn’t pass –defaults-files to mysql child proc
- Bug #510960: innobackupex –remote-host scp doesn’t copy MyISAM files
The binary packages for RHEL4,5, Debian, FreeBSD, Windows, Mac OS as well as source code of the XtraBackup is available on http://www.percona.com/percona-builds/XtraBackup/XtraBackup-1.1/.
Debian and RPM are available in Percona repository.
The project lives on Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup and you can report bug to Launchpad bug system:
https://launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup/+filebug. The documentation is available on our Wiki.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona.