Percona Live London wrapped up last week to very positive reviews from attendees and sponsors like those from Johan De Meersman.
Percona was pleased to provide an engaging event for MySQL community members that featured engaging tutorials, highly rated breakout sessions, a very well-attended Tuesday community networking reception sponsored by Clustrix, and keynotes from a variety of industry experts:
- Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- Monty Widenius, Monty Program Ab
- Robert Hodges, Continuent
- Frank Terburg, Clustrix
We were pleased to see such a varied and all inclusive group of MySQL community members in attendance. A few facts about the attendees:
- 52% were from the United Kingdom and 35% were from other parts of Europe that included representatives from countries including Finland, The Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Lebanon, and Malta. Other nations represented included Russia, Estonia, Turkey, Lithuania, and Malaysia
- 20% were from software companies, 8% were from telecommunications companies, 7% were from eCommerce businesses, and 4% were from companies in the financial services industry. Other industries represented included media, retail, entertainment, mobile technology, education, hospitality, social networking, biotechnology, and healthcare.
- 45% of attendees were from companies with 51 to 500 employees, 37% were from companies with 50 or fewer employees, and 10% were from companies with more than 5,000 employees, and 8% were from companies with 501 to 5,000 employees.
Percona Live events are made exceptional by the great variety and quality of speakers and the enthusiasm and diversity of the MySQL community attendees. Thanks to everyone who attended Percona Live London 2012 – we look forward to another great event in London in 2013.
Our next Percona Live event is the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center from April 22nd through the 25th, 2013. Visit the conference website to see the strong lineup of tutorials and the initial list of breakout sessions. Thanks to the efforts of our outstanding Conference Committee, watch for the full conference breakout session schedule next week. See you all in Santa Clara!