This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.0 series.
- New option
--defaults-extra-filehas been introduced. This option specifies from what extra file to read the default MySQL options before the standard defaults-file. It can be used to load the user/password combination for the dedicated backup user from a separate configuration file, to avoid storing it in the crontab or a script somewhere in the system.
- In case of streaming backups, innobackupex would resume the XtraBackup process and then wait for it to finish before running
UNLOCK TABLES. This caused database to be unnecessarily locked with
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. Innobackupex now waits only till log copying is finished to unlock the databases. Bug fixed #1055989 (Alexey Kopytov).
- innobackupex error messages referencing the data directory have been extended to show the path of the data directory mentioned in the error message. Bug fixed #1089375 (Hartmut Holzgraefe).
- Partitioned tables were not correctly handled by the
--tables-fileoptions of innobackupex, and by the
--tables-fileoptions of XtraBackup. Fixed by removing the partition suffix (
#P#…) before doing filtering. Bug fixed #711166 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- When built-in compression was used, XtraBackup was doing unbuffered writes to the destination file or stream in very small chunks which in return caused inefficient I/O. Fixed by using a 1M buffer for output similar to the uncompressed backups. Bug fixed #1095249 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Unnecessary long
sleep()in innobackupex lead to
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCKtaking too long. Fixed by replacing 2 seconds sleep interval with 100 milliseconds one. Bug fixed #1095551 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- If innobackupex would crash it would leave the
xtrabackup_suspendedfile on the filesystem. This could then cause innobackupex to think XtraBackup has suspended itself the moment it started, and then when XtraBackup actually does suspend itself, innobackupex would wait for it to end and wouldn’t re-remove the suspend file, leading to a wait deadlock. Fixed by removing the stale
xtrabackup_suspendedfile when innobackupex is started. Bug fixed #1007446 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- innobackupex would fail to recognize MariaDB 5.2 and MariaDB 5.3. Fixed by augmenting version checks in innobackupex. Bug fixed #733665 (Daniël van Eeden, Alexey Kopytov).