Based on MySQL 5.6.13, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.13-61.0 is the first GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.13-61.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server has implemented a number of XtraDB Performance Improvements for high-concurrency scenarios.
- Percona Server has implemented a number of performance improvements for Page cleaner thread tuning. This feature fixes the upstream bugs: #69170 (#1231918), #70453 (#1232101) and #68481 (#1232406).
ALL_O_DIRECTmethod for innodb_flush_method has been ported from Percona Server 5.5.
- Statement Timeout feature has been ported from the Twitter branch.
- Percona Server has extended the
SELECT INTO ... OUTFILEand
SELECT INTO DUMPFILEto add the support for UNIX sockets and named pipes.
- Due to an incompatible upstream change that went unnoticed, the page cleaner thread would attempt to replay any file operations it encountered. In most cases this were a no-op, but there were race conditions for certain
DDLoperations that would have resulted in server crash. Bug fixed #1217002.
apt-get upgradeof Percona Server would fail in post-installation step if server failed to start. Bug fixed #1002500.
- Percona Server 5.6 now ships with memcached plugins. Bug fixed #1159621.
- Fixed the
libssl.so.6dependency issues in binary tarballs releases. Bug fixed #1172916.
- Error in
install_layout.cmakecould cause that some library files, during the build, end up in different directories on
x86_64environment. Bug fixed #1174300.
- Server would crash if empty string was passed to
AES_ENCRYPTwhen older OpenSSL version was used. Upstream bug fixed #70489, bug fixed #1201033.
- Kill Idle Transactions feature didn’t work correctly if Thread Pool was enabled. Bug fixed #1201440.
- Percona Server 5.6.12-60.4 would crash if server was started with Thread Pool feature enabled. Bugs fixed #1201681, #1194097 and #1201442.
- Memory leak was introduced by the fix for bug #1132194. Bug fixed #1204873.
- A server could have crashed under a heavy I/O-bound workload involving compressed InnoDB tables. Bug fixed #1224432.
- A potential deadlock, involving
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS, and
KILL, has been fixed. Fixed the upstream bug #60682, bug fixed #1115048.
- A memory leak in Utility user feature has been fixed. Bug fixed #1166638.
- A server could crash due to a race condition between a INNODB_CHANGED_PAGES query and bitmap file delete by
PURGE CHANGED_PAGE_BITMAPor directly on the file system. Bug fixed #1191580.
- Percona Server could not be built with Thread Pool feature and
-DWITH_PERFSCHEMA_ENGINE=OFFoption. Bug fixed #1196383.
- Page cleaner should perform LRU flushing regardless of server activity. Fixed the upstream bug #70500, bug fixed #1234562.
- Fixed the upstream bug #64556 which could cause an unrelated warning to be raised if a query inside InnoDB was interrupted. Bug fixed #1115158.