Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 2.2.1-alpha1 on March 28th 2014. Downloads are available from our download site here. This ALPHA release, will be available in our Debian experimental and CentOS testing repositories.
This is an ALPHA quality release and it is not intended for production. If you want a high quality, Generally Available release, the current Stable version should be used (Percona XtraBackup 2.1.8 in the 2.1 series at the time of writing).
This release contains all of the features and bug fixes in Percona XtraBackup 2.1.8, plus the following:
- Percona XtraBackup has removed the multiple binaries (
xtrabackup) and now uses single
xtrabackupbinary instead for handling backups. Single binary implementation removed the requirement to download server source tarballs and removed different patches which resulted in cleaner code.
- Percona XtraBackup source layout has been changed to implement the single binary. Percona XtraBackup code can now be found in
- Percona XtraBackup implemented support for Backup Locks.
- Percona XtraBackup can now store backup history on the server itself in a special table created for that purpose.
innobackupex-1.5.1symlink has been removed, instead innobackupex binary should be used.
- Percona XtraBackup has removed the
build.shscript and it’s now built with CMake.
- Percona XtraBackup has been rebased on MySQL 5.6.16.
- Information about tool version used to take the backup was added by implementing backup history feature. Bug fixed #1133017.
- If an XtraDB-based binary was used to a backup an InnoDB database, it would convert it to XtraDB by adding the
XTRADB_1marker in the dictionary header page and by adding the
SYS_STATStable. Bug fixed #988310.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.2.1 are available in our online documentation. All of Percona‘s software is open source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 2.2.1 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker.